Code of Conduct rules and regulations are enforced to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all children. It only takes one child to undermine the safety of others. We ask that you read this brief outline and help implement the standards.
Gymnasts Code Of Conduct:
- Play by the rules.
- Work equally hard for yourself and for your team.
- Be a good sport. Acknowledge all good skills or routines whether they be by your team-mates or from other clubs.
- Treat all other gymnasts as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of another gymnast.
- Co-operate with your coach, team-mates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.
- Train for the “fun of it” and not just to please parents or coaches.
- Do not use derogatory language based on gender, race or impairment.
- Be prepared to lose sometimes. Everyone wins and loses at some time. Be a fair winner and good loser.
Coaches Code Of Conduct:
- Be reasonable in your demands on young gymnasts’ time, energy and enthusiasm.
- Remember that children participate for fun and enjoyment and that winning is only part of their motivation. Never ridicule children for making mistakes or losing.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of the gymnasts.
- Develop team respect for the ability of opponents as well as for the judgment of officials and opposing coaches.
- Follow the advice of a physician when determining when an injured gymnast is ready to recommence training.
- Be aware of the role of the coach as an educator. As well as imparting knowledge and skills, promote desirable personal and social behaviors.
- Seek to keep abreast of changes in gymnastics; ensure that the information used is up to date, appropriate to the needs of gymnasts and takes account of the principles of growth and development of children.
Spectators & Parents Code Of Conduct:
- Remember children play sport for fun. They are not participating for the entertainment of spectators.
- They are not miniature professionals.
- Applaud good performances from each team. Congratulate all gymnasts regardless of the outcome.
- Respect the judge’s decisions and scores.
- Never ridicule or scold a child for making a mistake during competition. Be positive.
- Condemn the use of violence in any form, be it by spectators, coaches or gymnasts.
- Show respect for your team’s opponents, without them, there would be no competition.
- Encourage gymnasts to obey the rules and decisions of the officials.
- Demonstrate appropriate social behavior by not using foul language, harassing gymnasts or coaches.
- Avoid use of derogatory language based on gender, race or impairment.
- Do not criticize coaches or gymnasts or judges during events – be an ambassador for your club.
Members code of conduct
- Behave in a way that promotes a positive reputation for our club, avoiding bringing ESGC into disrepute.
- Respect the rights and dignity of other members, staff and participants in our gym club.
- Not use bad language, or harass staff, members or gymnasts.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved at ESGC, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.
- Refrain from personal abuse or threats of any kind towards staff, other members and the Committee